Based on his work with young children at the Episcopal School of New York, teacher and storyteller Gordh offers a collection of stories from the Bible, arranged and told to create a meaningful childhood chapel for children ages 3-7 and their families. Originally conceived as a resource for use in day schools, it is also ideal for use in Sunday church schools in Episcopal and other mainline congregations.
This exciting resource contains:
- Advice and tips on creating a children's chapel, including challenges of using available space
- Techniques for retelling stories for young listeners, including the use of songs and artwork
- Suggestions for including parents in the chapel experience and for making chapel meaningful to families from many faiths and backgrounds
- More than 30 Bible stories, organized thematically, including the Creation, Noah, the GoodSamaritan, Abraham, Ruth, the Last Supper, David and Goliath, Moses and Passover, Easter, Hanukkah, the Three Wise Men, the Prodigal Son
- Collection of songs to support the story themes, with lyrics, musical notation, and easy-to-learn refrains