“If there’s anyone who can placate my cries for tasty, filling, gorgeous vegetarian recipes, it’s Anna Jones. A Modern Cook’s Year makes it look easy—and joyful—to pass on the meat without eating chickpeas (or cereal) for every meal.” ―Bon Appétit The Modern Cook’s Year
offers more than 250 vegetarian recipes for a year’s worth of delicious meals that will add flavor and variety to your breakfasts, lunches, and dinners.
Acclaimed English cookbook author and chef Anna Jones puts vegetables at the center of the table, using simple yet inventive ingredients. Her recipes are influenced by her English roots and by international flavors, spanning from the Mediterranean to Sri Lanka, Japan, and beyond.
Attuned to the subtle transitions between seasons, Jones offers a wide variety of recipes to make every meal more exciting no matter the season or occasion:
The Modern Cook’s Year
- Peppery Green Salad with Apricots and Curd Cheese
- Grilled Caesar Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
- Gentle Potato Chowder with Toasted Chile Oil
- Green Peppercorn and Lemongrass Coconut Broth
- Sourdough Loaf
- Late Spring Stew of Artichokes, Peas, and Herbs
- Orzo with Spiced Tomato Sauce and Feta
- Lemon and Harissa Tagine Curry Paste
- Pumpkin and Red Lentil Kofte with Smokey Tomato Sauce
- Ricotta Gnocchi with Brown Butter Tomato Sauce
- Rigatoni with Eggplants and Tomatoes
- Seeded Spinach Breakfast Waffles
- Tomato Tarte Tatin
- And hundreds more!
shares Jones’s uncanny knack for knowing exactly what you want to eat, at any particular moment. You, your family, and your friends will be delighted with the fabulous meals she’ll help you put on your table. Includes color photographs
Anna Jones is a cook, food stylist, and writer. Working for seven years with Jamie Oliver, she creatively contributed to his books, TV shows, and food campaigns. Jones is a regular columnist with the Guardian and author of A Modern Way to Cook and A Modern Way to Eat.
"If there’s anyone who can placate my cries for tasty, filling, gorgeous vegetarian recipes, it’s Anna Jones. A Modern Cook’s Year makes it look easy—and joyful—to pass on the meat without eating chickpeas (or cereal) for every meal."
— Bon Appetit Magazine