The dark web is the internet's evil twin, where anything can be bought and sold. Drugs, weapons, and hackers-for-hire are available at the touch of a button. Most who visit merely look around, happy to satisfy their curiosity before leaving, never to return.
But some are sucked into the criminal underworld and find themselves doing things they would never have contemplated in the real world-ordering a hit on a love rival or bidding on an auction for a sex slave - like the people in this book.
In the dark web dive, you'll unbury the facts about:
- he secret origin of tor and the tor project
- The uncensored history of the dark web, arpanet and its dark siblings
- Who provides funding for the dark web? (you'll be surprised.)
- The stories behind the silk road, hansa, and other infamous dark web marketplaces.
- The truth about the surface web and why google is not to be trusted with your information, and what you can do about it?
- The technology you need to keep your internet identity safe on a daily basis.
From underground dark web sites showcasing brutality the likes of which has never been seen, to manhattan boardrooms and basements concealing depravities of the foulest kind, neville and fiona find themselves in a battle for their very lives and souls.